Why Use Red Light and Near Infrared Light Therapy?
Scientifically backed with over 4,000 published research articles, the healing power of red-light therapy is well established. Red and infrared light have very similar physiological effects, with the main difference being that infrared light penetrates deeper into the body. Both red and infrared light have been scientifically studied and supported to reduce pain and inflammation and to improve performance and recovery.
Light therapy has an established history as a proven treatment for many different types of pain – acute injuries, chronic pain, joint pain, tendonitis, nerve pain, arthritic pain, or fibromyalgia. Pain and anti-inflammatory medications used regularly can have several side-effects, which leads people to try alternative and natural options.
Science Backed Benefits of Red and Near Infrared Light Therapy
Improve Joint Health
Reduce Muscle Recovery time
Better Mood and Mental Health
Improved Brain health and cognition
Enhanced Skin and Hair Health
Improve Thyroid Health
Improve Hormone Health
Better Immune Response
Speed Injury healing
How Red Light Therapy Works
The health of every organ and every cell in the body depends on energy being produced by the mitochondria in those cells. Skin, muscle, fat, bone, gland, or brain – when the mitochondria produce more energy, the cells in those tissues work better.
- Increased Cellular ATP Production. Red Light and Near Infrared Light therapy stimulates your body’s natural healing process at the cellular level through increased ATP production in the mitochondria.
- With an increase in mitochondrial output of ATP a series of metabolic events occur that improve blood oxygenation, improve blood flow, increase collagen production, reduce overall inflammation, and improve cellular regeneration and protection; building cellular antioxidant and anti-inflammatory defenses. Light entering our skin creates a low-dose healthy metabolic stress (hormesis) that builds our cell’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant defense systems. This results in a reduced amount of cellular free radicals being produced and less oxidative stress for our cell, protecting our tissues from further inflammation.
How to Use Fringe Red Light Therapy Panel
With a super-helpful built-in timer for 10-, 20- and 30-minute treatment times, set up the panel 6 inches from the desired treatment area for a daily treatment 3-5 times/week.
- Power cord
- 1 year warranty
- Adjustable stand
- Display panel and remote
|Wavelength||660nm (Red):850nm (Near-Infrared) wavelengths in a 1:1 ratio|
|Number LED Lights||64 medical grade LEDs 192W, 32 Red Light LEDs and 32 Near Infrared Light LEDs (will not produce visible light when turned on)|
|Treatment Size||¼ – ½ body|
|Dimensions||12.2″ x 12.2″ x1.9″|
|Irradiance/Intensity||30 mw/cm2 at 6″|
|Flicker||No Flicker, easy on the eyes|
|EMF||0.0μT at 6″ (MF: 0.02mG at 6″, 4mG at 0″ EF: 2 V/m at 6″, 30 V/m at 0″ RF: None Detected)|
|Light Angle||60 degrees|
|Cooling Fan||1 fan|
|Display/Remote||Digital with timer and light/temperature control|
|Light Lifetime||50,000+ hours|
|Warranty||2 Year Limited Warranty|
More isn’t better – a note on irradiance/intensity and treatment dosage:
Irradiance is the amount of light energy your skin receives over a period, often reported in mW/Cm2 (power/area). Clinical studies often report red light irradiance along with the time of use as ‘dosage’. Higher irradiance or power does not mean better results, if the dose is too great – the benefits are negated!
Many companies claim to have over 100mW/cm2 at 0 inches. Man, that would be HOT! The sun is about 24 mw/cm2 on our skin, and we think the sun knows a thing or two about healing.
At Fringe, we have committed to accurate and honest measurements and to sharing science-backed recommendations for safe, effective, and responsible usage of red-light therapy. We recommend an irradiance range of 30-50mW/cm2 at the skin.
- Consulting your healthcare provider prior to use if you believe that you are sensitive to light, or are using any medications that may increase sensitivity to light.
- Consulting your healthcare provider prior to using the light if you are pregnant, have any suspicious or cancerous lesions, or have recently had a steroid injection or use topical steroids.
- If you experience discomfort or have any concerns at all about the light, stop using it immediately and contact your healthcare provider.
While red light therapy can be very impactful, we realize that no one healing element works for all people. If for any reason you would like to return your panel, we’d be happy to assist anytime within 60 days. Shoot us a note at email@example.com and we’ll get you taken care of!
The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration). Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Our products are low-risk, general wellness / fitness products that do not require FDA clearance, in accordance with the “General Wellness: Policy on Low Risk Devices” draft released January 20, 2015.